Behind The Mask RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speed Writing [Shan <3]

2 posters

Go down

Speed Writing [Shan <3] Empty Speed Writing [Shan <3]

Post by Faith Lehane Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 am

Speed Writing [Shan <3] Tumblr_li27io1dND1qdcy7so1_500

Cole LaVarrn ♒ Nike

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

The field was pretty abandoned. As in, there was a large warehouse at the back that was crumbling, with rubble everywhere on the site. Large chunks of rick littered the floor like something had come along and decided to play "Throw the boulder game". It was pretty dusty in fairness to the place, with a few little pieces of grass poking through every now and again. The sun shined on the cracked ground, and the heat was amazing.
I was wearing denim shorts, and had on a strong pair of hiking shoes. They weren't good running shoes. Anyone would have told me that. But when it was me, I didn't want to wear down to my socks. The hiking shoes would work for a while. My top was a simple green Oversized Flutter Sleeve tee, that only barely covered my stomach.
I wasn't wearing make-up, a clear face when there was no one to see me.
Why was I even here? Was there even a reason? Was I simply wanting to make sure, or did I want to test out this power I had?
Whatever the reason, I was in this dump, where if I was spotted by someone from my school, my social status would pretty much shrivel up and die.
In the usual running position, kneeling with one knee on the ground, the opposite foot barely touching the back of that foot. One two: running stance.
Three.
Run.
I sped. Literally.
While I was moving faster than humanly possible, I was able to see everything. The way my feet were falling, how my hair was whipping around me. I was able to jump over the rocks that would have tripped me.
The speed was amazing. I ran around the building and back to my starting position in less than five seconds. The dust had barely settled.
Smiling than, I felt like laughing. I couldn't be going crazy.
Setting off again, I decided to do a few runs and see how long it took.

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Faith Lehane
Faith Lehane

Dollars : 41666

http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Speed Writing [Shan <3] Empty Re: Speed Writing [Shan <3]

Post by Black Ink Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 am

Penn had decided on one thing and one thing only. It was her ditch day. She had decided to spend it with her art. She had the perfect companion drawn; a little black and grey puppy. Running along, she kept pens, pencils and chalks about her at all times. Her pockets had chalk boxes. Her jacket had permanent marker in the inside parts she had cut out specifically to hold her art stuff. She had her hair up in her signature bun, two pencils skewered through it.

The girl was walking along- or rather, skulking along. She came to the field she had found the other day. She needed to find her spiderhole where she left her paints and canvas. Only, there was someone there. She hung back, leaning against a tree. She clicked and pointed at her created puppy and it ran toward the girl, barking.

Black Ink
Admin

Dollars : 41720

https://behindthemask.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 am

Speed Writing [Shan <3] Tumblr_m4z3huwqJ01rnlzu4o1_500

Cole LaVarrn ♒ Nike

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I was having a good time. The wind whipped my hair pretty violently, sure, and it hurt, but the speed was amazing. Note to Self: Cole, you need to either cut your hair short, or tie it up next time. Wait. How about tying it up and not cutting it? Great idea.
I was thinking about the track team. I'd always been lazy, sure. But I'd also always had a talent for the track team. But now I was holding back. This new thing I was able to do would mean that I would be able to run about 20 times around the course before the other team had gone four meters.
It would come out at some point, that was sure. I was gonna slip up. I'd already noticed it wasn't just my running that was speeding up. I was doing everything a little faster. My brain was even getting faster. At least I thought so.
Then a black and grey puppy started running at me, braking pretty loudly for a little thing.
The thing was lucky I didn't like, run over him poor thing. I was a little distracted to say the least, and if it had gotten in front of me...
Course it was then I realized I still running.
I gasped, losing some air, and jerked to the side, avoiding the puppy and putting more than a few meters between me and him.
Then I gasped again, because my slow human mind took a moment to process the goings on. I tripped over a smaller rock, and was sent flying, losing all concentration.
Gathering enough of my wits to know I'd break something if I fell the way it was heading, I stopped focusing everything on speed and tucked my head, before rolling as I hit the ground a few seconds after I fell.
I stayed stock still for a moment, expecting pain. When none came, I breathed a sigh of relief. I hadn't been going as fast as I could have been, after turning because of the puppy.
The dog started to get closer, and moving faster than even I thought possible, I stood in one fluid motion and moved backwards another few paces, noticing some blood on my palms. I'd scratched them evidently with my fall.
Oh well.
My stomach growled loudly, but I ignored it, instead looking around, maybe for the Dog's owner.
I could have zoomed around quicker than the dog could get to me now that my concentration was back, but I stayed deadly still, watching. That was something that wasn't fast about me. While everything was getting faster, all my movements, I could concentrate on being still and not seem to move at all. Like a tree.
Faith Lehane
Faith Lehane

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Ink Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:27 am

"My mother always told me to watch where you're going," Penn called over. She had placed on her black mask and stepped into view. "She also told me to stop practising to be a tree. I was five then, though. But here I am. Telling you damn straight. Stop pretending to be a tree."

Illustrator had her chalk at hand. She stayed near a tree with a flat bark, ready to defend herself should she need to. "You're ruining my ditch day."

She clicked her tongue and the puppy ran over to her. Illustrator then pulled out a pencil from her hair and used the eraser to get rid of him. She stood up and blinked at the girl.

Black Ink
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 am

Speed Writing [Shan <3] Tumblr_lnm2r7cPaP1qbzaheo1_500

Cole LaVarrn ♒ Nike

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I followed the voice, snapping my head to the direction. The girl looked around my age, possibly a little older.
I snorted.
'Well its kinda hard to watch where your going when a crazy dog starts yapping at you. Plus, tree's are good.'
The thing that shocked me was when she rubbed out the puppy. Literally. Rubbed. Him. Out.
Was she one of the people I'd heard about? Was she... like me?
One way to find out.
I ran to right in front of her. She would have, if she'd been concentrating hard, possibly seen a slight blur, but then again, blink and you'd miss me moving. I vibrated slightly after stopping in front of her.
'Well you nearly killed me, so ruining a ditch day doesn't seem that big,' I said, smiling slightly.
Watching her for a moment, I studied her face, before breaking into a massive smile and holding out my hand.
'Name's Cole. I'm wondering: You rubbed a puppy out. What do you do? Make things cease to exist or something? You might be like, wondering what I do.'
I probably spoke a little too fast, a little childish to someone like her. Oh well. I'd nearly been killed running a little under 600 MPH. I had some good reasons to one, be suspicious, and two, be given an explanation.
She was also one of the first people I had ever met who could be said to be like me.
Faith Lehane
Faith Lehane

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Ink Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 am

"Yes. I know what you do. You do it carelessly," spat Penn. "You should try to hide your secret ID from people like me. One day, I might be sent to kill you. Not exactly an upside but meh. I'm a hero slash villain for hire most the nights. And no... I do not just makes things cease to exist. I cane bring them into being too. I'm a summoner. Whatever I create with art, comes into being. I can get rid of them just as easily. They call me the Illustrator because of my power."

This girl had a lot to learn. A heck of a lot.

Black Ink
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:18 am

Speed Writing [Shan <3] Tumblr_lxe3l3uI9U1r4kfic

Cole LaVarrn ♒ Nike

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I almost snorted. Like, seriously.
'Secret ID? Who are you? Captain America? I'm Cole LaVarrn, not some person who thinks that their like, a hero. I'm not gonna kid myself about being a hero. And recklessly? This is an abandoned site, where there was no one around. That is so far away from reckless, you'd need binoculars to see it. Hell, you'd need a super strong telescope to see reckless waving its tiny little arms around.'
I'd kinda gotten carried away. Not as much as I could have though, which was good. When I was annoyed I sometimes rambled on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... wait there. I was rambling in my head.
'And dude. A hero slash villain? Defeats the purpose of them two words as far as I know.'
Sent to kill me? Interesting. Like she'd be able to catch me. I was faster than she could ever be, even if she drew like, super fast running shoes and tied them on thinking she'd catch me and there I was starting rambling to myself again.
'So. The Illustrator. The puppy was obviously something you drew...'
Trailing off, I decided then and there that this girl was interesting. Despite the anger I felt at being told I did my thin recklessly, I was happy to see someone who was like me. Her power was awesome.
Faith Lehane
Faith Lehane

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Ink Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 am

"First, reckless was bigger than tiny here. How do you know no one is around. You didn't know I was here. I collected my art supplies whislt you ran into my puppy drawing. Seriously. I drew that with, like, grades three and five pencils! Those pencils weren't cheap and that sort of detail takes a while to draw, you know!" scowled Penn. "And when I said secret ID, I was actually quoting Kid Flash."

She bent down and found her spiderhole. Pulling up the small handle, the six foot cupboard in the floor opened to reveal a collection of art supples. Everything from clays to paints to pastels to pencils. She picked up a small blob from the middle of the clays. Blu tack. Her favourite way of distracting herself. She also reached and grabbed a can of spray paint. She stood up and looked at the girl who had been waffling on like no tomorrow.

"I'm what they call a renegade. In my case, if you want something from me, there is a price. As for killing you, I don't need to be fast in order to get you, if that's what you're thinking. I just need to draw the right thing and use my brain," she said flatly. She walked over to her flat tree and began to spray paint.

She kept her eyes on her drawing but her ears about her. The paint was pink and starting to take a form. She'd dip back to her cupboard every now and then like a sparrow making a nest. She had used neon pink, bright yellow, white and black to create... Something. She stood back and admired her work.

As it came to life, she knelt beside it and smiled. "Isn't he cute?" she smiled. For the first time since meeting Cole, she looked a little ordinary. She reached forward and picked up her baby monster- which did indeed look quite adorable.

I drew him a while back on paint xD:

Black Ink
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down